Cherry Hill Residents:
All Cherry Hill residents are entitled to a free membership.
- Cards are issued for two (2) years.
Children of any age may get a library card - it is up to the discretion of the parents or guardian.
- Parents must sign the application if the child is under 14
- Children, if they are able, can sign their own card
Non-resident Paid Membership:
There are three types of non-resident paid memberships.
- Non-resident senior citizens (65 and over) may pay $50 for a card. A senior citizen is a person 65 years old or over. He or she must provide proof of age to get a card. A card showing he/she receives Social Security or Medicare accepted. A senior citizen reduced fare card is acceptable also. A driver’s license will show date of birth.
- Non-resident under 65 years of age has the option of paying $25 for a three (3) month membership, $50 for six (6) months or $100 for a full year.
- Patrons who work in Cherry Hill but do not live in the township may purchase a card for $50. They must show a current pay stub or bring a letter from their employer saying they work in Cherry Hill. Cards are good for one year.
Non-Resident Free Cards:
Free cards are issued for one (1) year to the following non-residents:
- All non-resident taxpayers of Cherry Hill, i.e. people who own property and pay taxes to the Township of Cherry Hill. Any adult members of the household may obtain a card. They must show I.D. and proof of paying taxes.
- All personnel of Cherry Hill schools, public and private (including Camden County College) but excluding commercial or trade schools. They should present an I.D. card, pay stub or a letter from the school as proof.
- All township employees including personnel from the Cherry Hill Police and Fire Department.
- The head or owner of any business located in Cherry Hill. He/she must show proof of ownership and must show I.D. with their home address.
- All students attending public or private schools or colleges located in Cherry Hill. Students must show I.D. with their home address and proof of attendance at the school. A report card, tuition bill or school I.D. is acceptable.
- All clergy whose church, temple or synagogue is located in Cherry Hill.
NOTE: Current identification is always required whenever a library card is issued or renewed
Accepted Forms of ID for Proof of Residence
The following forms of identification are accepted by the Cherry Hill Public Library as proof of legal residence:
- Valid New Jersey driver's license
- Valid motor vehicle registration
- Current automobile insurance card
- Past months utility bill (gas, electric, telephone, etc.)
- Past months bill from a major company (credit card, department
- Current Cherry Hill Township tax bill
- Cherry Hill High School ID card or current report card
- Current lease
- Mortgage documents
All identification MUST be current (within the last year). Identification must have a name and a street address. In the case of a post office box address on all identification the library will call the Camden County Board of Elections (open Monday - Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.) to verify residence.