Become a Friend
Who are the Friends of the Library and what do they do?
- The Friends is an organization of individuals, families, and businesses that support the Library through membership, volunteerism and donations.
- Members promote awareness of the wide variety of services offered by the Library.
- The Friends provide financial support to the Library, from membership dues, book sales, gift shop sales and other fundraisers.
Benefits of Becoming a Friend:
As a member of the Friends of the Library, you’ll be paid back in a thousand ways every year – with children’s smiles, the sincere appreciation from CHPL’s hardworking staff, and the satisfaction of knowing you contribute to the culture and heritage of one of your town’s most important institutions.
And then there are these members-only benefits:
- 10 percent discount at the Friends Gift Shop
- Free subscription to the Friends’ quarterly newsletter mailed directly to your home
- Exclusive, early access to book sales during the members-only Friends Preview Sale
- Five free DVD rentals from the Library including new releases, popular kids movies and TV shows, and classic films upon joining
- Invitations to CHPL’s special events
We hope that you will consider joining the Friends organization and show your support for the Cherry Hill Public Library. Click here to download a Friends Membership Form.
The Friends fund a wide variety of Library projects and services including:
- The annual children’s and teen’s summer reading program
- The Library’s new Job Resource Center
- Book Clubs To Go
- The “Sunday Morning” and "Totem" sculptures on the Library’s front lawn
- A public-access fax machine in the Library’s Reference Department
- Authors and speakers for Library-sponsored programs
- Supplies for the mural in the Children’s Story & Craft Room
- The annual movie license for the Library’s movie events
- Popular kids books series and large print books
- Various building, furniture and landscaping maintenance