The Computer Lab is located on the lower level of the building. Visitors and patrons can utilize computers during the lab’s open hours, Monday through Wednesday from 10 a.m. – 9 p.m, Thursday through Saturday from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., and Sunday from 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. Occasionally, computer classes are held in the computer lab. During these classes, part or all of the computer lab may be closed to the public. In these instances, computers are available for public use in the Reading Room on the Main Level.
CHPL is home to more than 40 public access computers, including a 16 seat computer lab. CHPL cardholders can use their library cards to log onto a computer. Non-cardholders can use a visitor pass from our Computer Lab.
Cherry Hill Public Library’s 3D Printing Policy
The Library is pleased to offer our community access to a 3D printer and software. To set up a 3D Printing Appointment with one of our staff members, fill out our Librarian Tech Help form or call the Computer Lab at 856-903-1246.
Please read the following policies before setting up an appointment.
The Library’s 3D printer may be used by the public to create three-dimensional objects in plastic. The library will have open hours or appointments available with the 3D printer. A Cherry Hill Public Library staff member must also be available to assist and troubleshoot any issues during the 3D printing process.
- The public will not be permitted to use the Library’s 3D printers to create material that is:
- Prohibited by local, state or federal law;
- Unsafe, harmful, dangerous or poses an immediate threat to the well-being of others;
- Obscene or otherwise inappropriate for the Library environment, including weapons;
- In violation of another’s intellectual property rights. For example, the printer may not be used to reproduce material that is subject to copyright, patent or trademark protection;
- Designated not appropriate by the library staff.
- Only designated Library staff will have hands-on access to the 3D printer.
- Cost: The Library will charge $0.35/.1oz of material, in order to cover the replacement of filament. Payment will be tallied with a postal scale. Only the Library’s filament is allowed to be used in the 3D printer.
- Patrons interested in using the 3D printer must attend CHPL’s 3D printer demo before they can use the printer.
- Please be aware the Cherry Hill Public Library is not responsible for storing or saving your designs and projects. You must bring your own USB flash drive.
- Prints must be under 2 hours. Check the estimated time before printing.
- Have fun and create.