CHPL ESOL Program
The New Form to join classes Will Be Available in April – please check back then!
You must have a Cherry Hill Public Library card to register. Contact Elby Wang at 856.903.1227 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Award-winning educator supports families through ESL
We are so very proud of our ESOL team for their dedication and hard work to making our ESOL program thrive. Click the link above to read an inspiring article from Jewish Community Voice which features Audrianne Levene, one of our amazing ESOL teachers who began teaching ESL in 1980.
Find an ESL Teacher
Literacy Volunteers of Camden County
Literacy Volunteers of Camden County (LVCC) provides free one-on-one and small group tutoring to Camden County adults at the lowest literacy levels including ESL students. ESL students can register for tutoring sessions by filling out an application and mailing it to the Camden County Vogelson Library’s address listed on the last page. For more questions, you can email email@example.com or call (856) 772-1636 ext. 7331.
We Speak NYC Online Classes
Classes meet once a week, every week at the time listed. Join a class to meet new people, learn about New York City services and resources, and practice speaking English!
Classes will run from Sunday, November 1st – Saturday, December 19th
Activities for ESL Students
Grammar and vocabulary practice for all levels, including many bilingual quizzes for beginners. Also includes a link for teachers, with conversation questions, games, and many other ideas to put to use in the classroom.
BBC Learning English
An array of wonderful activities for practice, some relating to current events. Includes videos, quizzes, vocabulary practice, idioms, crosswords, and much more, though all with British accents.
Easy World for English
An attractive, user-friendly website including grammar, pronunciation, reading, and listening practice and an interactive picture dictionary.
EduBirdie ESL Resources
Edubirdie is a great resource for both ESL students and teachers. Learn about the benefits of English Language Learning (ELL), the difference between ESL proficiency levels, and important ESL terms. They also offer a list of resources for students to access from home. Below are some of the most user-friendly sources:
- ESL Fast (Intermediate) – This tool is helpful for the general development of your knowledge and skills in using English.
- 20 Minute ESL Lesson (Intermediate to Advanced) – Tests and lessons for ELLs.
- Easy Reading for Adult ESL Beginner (Beginner) – For adults aimed at learning English. This tool is meant for people with at least some background in learning the language.
- ESL Gold (Intermediate) – A selection of commonly used business-related phrases in English.
- Learn English Today (Intermediate to Advanced) – This is the website where you can learn business English and expand your vocabulary.
- SpeakSpeak (Intermediate) – Tips on how to use the language in real-life situations to sound more natural.
- ESL Reading Comprehension (Intermediate) – Build your own English reading comprehension skills with these exercises, vocabulary lists, and follow-up quizzes, plus tips and strategies for teachers who want to deploy these resources in the classroom.
English Class 101
Learn English in 3 hours with this video! Best for intermediate learners.
GCF Learn Free
A well-designed site with interactive tutorials for everything from operating an ATM machine to reading food labels. If you click on the main page icon and then click on reading, the site has resources for English language learners as well, including stories to listen to and read along, and picture dictionaries.
Oxford Picture Dictionary
Rachel’s English provides over 500 free videos to help non-native speakers improve their spoken English and listening comprehension.
Reading Skills for Today’s Adults
This educational service offers English learning courses for speakers of other languages.
- تقدم هذه الخدمة التعليمية دورة للناطقين باللغة الإنجليزية بلغات أخرى
- 이 교육 서비스는 다른 언어를 사용하는 영어 사용자를 위한 과정을 제공합니다.
Este serviço educacional oferece curso para falantes de inglês em outras línguas.
Este servicio educativo ofrece cursos para angloparlantes de otros idiomas.
- Dịch vụ giáo dục này cung cấp khóa học cho những người nói tiếng Anh của các ngôn ngữ khác.
Video lessons and English learning activities for beginner and intermediate ELLs. This website also offers US Citizenship lessons.
We Speak NYC
English learners can develop their speaking skills through English courses created to accommodate over 20 source languages. See Below for English Language courses offered:
Classroom English for Bengali
বাংলাভাষীদের জন্য ইংরেজী
Classroom English for Haitian Creole
Anglè pou Moun Ki Pale Lang Kreyòl Ayisyen
Classroom English for Hmong
Lus As Kiv rau cov hais lus Hmoob
English for Mandarin Speakers
Business English for Mandarin
ESL Arabic (Egyptian)
الإنجليزية للمتحدثين بالعربية
ESL Arabic (MSA)
الإنجليزية للمتحدثين بالعربية
անգլերեն հայերի համար
ESL Chinese (Cantonese)
Anglais pour Francophones
Englisch für Deutschsprachige
Αγγλικα Για Έλληνες
Inglese per Italiani
한국인을 위한 영어
Angielski Dla Polaków
ESL Portuguese (Brazil)
Inglês para Brasileiros
Английский Для Русскоговорящих
Ingiriisi loogu talagalay kuwa Soomaali ku hadlaESL Spanish (Latin American)
Inglés Para Hablantes De Español
Business English for Spanish
ESL Spanish – Lenguaje de Text
ESL for Spanish-speaking Job Seekers
Türkçe Konuşanlar için İngilizce
Tiếng Anh Cho Người Việt Nam