Become A Friend of the Cherry Hill Public Library
Who are the Friends of the Library? The Friends is an organization of individuals, families, and businesses that support the Library through membership, volunteerism and donations. Members promote awareness of the wide variety of services offered by the Library and provide financial support through membership dues, book sales, and other fundraisers.
The Friends fund a wide variety of Library projects and services including:
- CHPL’s Summer Reading Program
- Museum Pass Program
- Book Clubs To Go
- Public Art, “Sunday Morning” and “Totem” sculptures on the Library’s front lawn
- A public-access fax machine in the Reference Department
- Authors and speakers for Library-sponsored programs
- The annual movie license for the Library’s film events
- Various building, furniture and landscaping maintenance
Benefits of Becoming a Friend: As a member of the Friends of the Library, you’ll be paid back in a thousand ways every year – with children’s smiles, the sincere appreciation from CHPL’s hardworking staff, and the satisfaction of knowing you contribute to the culture and heritage of one of your town’s most important institutions.
More Members-Only Benefits:
- Exclusive, early access to book sales during the members-only Friends Preview Sales.
Interested in becoming a Friend of the Library?
Annual memberships start at just $8. Take a moment and fill out a Friends membership application and return it to the library.
The next public meeting of the Friends is Wednesday, November 15 at 10:15 a.m. in the Half Conference Center, Lower Level.
Meetings are held the third Wednesday of each month at 10 a.m. Meetings are listed on the Events Calendar of the website.
The 2024 Meeting schedule is as follows:
Meetings are not held during July, August, and December.