The Cherry Hill Public Library is pleased to provide private meeting space. Contact Valerie Carita at email@example.com or call 856.903.1205 to discuss availability, capacity, and cost.
The Cherry Hill Public Library’s meeting rooms have become important resources for community groups, non-profit organizations, companies and individuals. Most meeting rooms are equipped with LCD projectors, screens, wireless Internet access, and TV/VCR/DVD equipment.
Meeting Room Rental Contact
Our Meeting Rooms
Joyce Alexander Walker Multicultural Room
The Joyce Alexander Walker Multicultural Room has a boardroom feel and is perfect for smaller presentations and lectures.
- 14-20 around the tables
- 40 people theater style (rows of chairs)
- Classroom style not available in this room
This 2070 square-foot meeting space is ideal for presentations, training workshops, staff meetings, breakfasts, luncheons, networking and appreciation events and receptions. The Conference Center can also be split in half for smaller events.
- 180 people theater style (80 in half the room)
- 64 people classroom style (32 in half the room)
- Round tables also available
Cherry Hill Room
The Library’s Cherry Hill Room is a boardroom-style room set-up with 12 chairs around one table. Ideal for small group meetings. The Cherry Hill Room doesn’t have any audio visual equipment and food is not allowed in the Cherry Hill Room.
- Up to 12 people
Room Rates as of Jan. 1, 2018
|Room||Cherry Hill Group||Non-Profit Organization||Business & Individual|
|Cherry Hill Room|
|Free for up to 3 hours once a month||$30 up to a three hour time period||$40 per hour|
|Joyce Alexander Walker|
|$40 up to a 3-hour meeting||$60 up to a three hour time period||$55 per hour|
|Conference Center||$60 per hour||$60 per hour||$115 per hour|
|Half Conference Center||$40 per hour||$40 per hour||$80 per hour|
|Computer Lab||$100 per hour||$100 per hour||$100 per hour|
|Half Computer Lab||$50 per hour||$50 per hour||$50 per hour|
|Pop-Up Shop||$50 per Saturday||$50 per Saturday||$50 per Saturday|
Cleanup fees apply if serving refreshments in the Lower Level Rooms
Flat rate cleanup fees are charged based on room size:
o Multicultural Room $30
o Half Conference Center $40
o Conference Center $70
o Refreshments not permitted in Cherry Hill Room or Computer Lab.
Please Note: Our fire code prohibits use of sterno and hot plates
Non-Library Hours Custodial Fee:
$60 per hour for groups of 1-40
$85 per hour for groups of 41 and up
All meeting rooms must be booked for a minimum of two hours.
Prices above are for usage during the library’s operating hours. Exceptions are made for non-library hour use, but are subject to library approval and additional fees.
The primary purpose of the Cherry Hill Public Library’s meeting rooms is to support Library programs and activities. Library-sponsored programs and the programs of the Library’s affiliated organizations will always be given first priority in the reservation of meeting room space.
The Library cannot and does not endorse or affirm the philosophy, political, religious or other ideology of any group or organization utilizing a room. As such, the Library excludes the use of its facilities for political rallies, religious services, or other activities as directed by the Director and/or the Library Board of Trustees.
The individual or organization to whom the use of premises and/or facilities is granted shall assume full liability for the damage to any property. The user also shall assume full liability for the preservation of order at all times on the premises and for the observance and enforcement of all regulations, herein stated or as posted on any of the premises.
The signer of this application shall have or represent full authority or be a regularly appointed executive officer for the organization applying for use of facilities and shall agree to all terms herein.
It also shall be understood that these provisions shall not be construed as imposing any liability upon the Cherry Hill Public Library (CHPL) or Cherry Hill Township for any injury to persons sustained in connection with the use of library property as granted under this application.
- All requests for the use of Library facilities must be made through an authorized Library representative and/or Administrative Office of the Cherry Hill Public Library.
- Facility use is granted solely by the authorized representative of the CHPL. The Library reserves the right to change the regulations, the rental charges, or other fees at any time and to revoke permission for use.
- CHPL reserves the right to refuse the use of facilities when it determines that the content of a meeting or the conduct of the use would jeopardize the welfare of the community.
- Any Library activity shall have precedence in the use of all facilities. The facilities may be used only if usage does not interfere with Library programs and activities.
- The applicant shall use only those facilities listed on the applications as approved for the date or dates and at the time(s) designated. All meeting rooms must be booked for a minimum of two hours.All facilities, service or equipment used must be listed on the application. Applicant set-up and clean- up time will be part of time billed. Any changes must be approved by an authorized Library representative at least 10 days prior to the scheduled start of the event.
- Failure to give cancellation notice at least 10 days prior to a scheduled event will result in cancellation fees. If applicant fails to show-up for a scheduled meeting and does not give cancellation notice, the full amount will be charged.
- The following specific regulations and restrictions are to be adhered to:
- The use or presence of alcoholic beverages is prohibited, except when a license is obtainedfrom Cherry Hill Township and approved by Cherry Hill Public Library.
- The smoking of tobacco products is prohibited at all times.
- No alterations to any part of the facility shall be permitted except as performed by CHPL personnel.
- Use of decorations, scenery, flags, sound effects, electrical and/or mechanical equipment in any facility shall be approved by CHPL at least two weeks prior to the scheduled start of the event.
- The applicant or sponsoring organizations shall be required to pay the cost of supplementary security personnel as well as police assistance for traffic control when it is deemed necessary by Cherry Hill Public Library.
- An authorized representative of the applicant shall:
- Be responsible for care in the use of the property. If damage to Library property occurs, the applicant is responsible for paying for all repairs, supplies, and labor associated with the repairs.
- Be in attendance at all times during the use of facilities.
- Supply all personnel and equipment necessary except those specifically listed on the application.
- See that premises are vacated promptly at the time specified on the application. If the applicant goes past the time specified on the application, additional fees will be charged.
- Supply a representative to staff the Library’s front entrance if scheduled event extends before or after Library operating hours.
- Be responsible for leaving the facility in the same condition as prior to its use.
- See that groups using Friendship Grove clean up and dispose of all trash deposited by the participants and/or spectators.
- Be responsible for payment of any fees within 30 days of billing, for all rental, Library custodian, or other fees in accordance with the schedule designated on the approved application.
- Upon approval of the application, the applicant or sponsoring group is expected to meet with an authorized Library representative to review facilities to be used.
- A representative is required by CHPL to be in attendance for the purpose of security, inspection and cleaning. Their services are at the direction of CHPL not the applicant. If additional services are required by the applicant before, during, or after use of the facility, the organization may be billed according to the Library’s Custodial fee schedule.
- The Library’s Multicultural Room, Conference Room and Computer Lab are equipped to offer AV equipment for presentations, workshops, etc. Groups may use their own equipment provided the Library network and/or audiovisual systems are not compromised. When using AV equipment, be mindful of the volume during business hours. Library computer operations must be consulted before approval is granted for outside equipment to be used. The Library is not responsible for technical difficulties or interruptions in network service outside the Library’s control.
- Library meeting room time may be extended during non-Library hours if the Library Director or authorized Library representative grants advance approval. All after hours users will be charged an additional per-hour custodial fee as detailed in the meeting room fee structure.
- All payments made by check should be payable to the Cherry Hill Public Library. Cash, Visa, and MasterCard are also accepted.
- A certificate of insurance in the amount of $500,000.00 for liability, bodily injury and property damage must be provided naming the Cherry Hill Public Library and Cherry Hill Township as an “additional insured” or in the alternative at the Library Director’s sole discretion compliance with this requirement may be waived so long as a fully executed Indemnification/Hold Harmless Agreement isprovided. Said Agreement will be provided by the Cherry Hill Public Library if the Library Director so determines it is appropriate and compliance is mandatory and is not negotiable.
- All applicants and organizations shall comply with the Uniform Fire Code.
- Groups may not use the Library’s name, address or telephone as their official address or contact information.
- Groups may not publicize their activities in such a way as to imply Library sponsorship. All publicity must state: “Cherry Hill Public Library does not endorse the policies, beliefs, or activities of the sponsoring group.”
- Food and beverages are permitted in the Multicultural Room and Conference Center. Clean-up fees apply based on caterer choice and room size. No sternos, open flames, or cooking is permitted on premises.
- Use of the meeting room shall not conflict with typical Library operation or with Library- sponsored meetings, programs, or activities. Groups will adhere to the Library Code of Conduct and keep noise levels consistent with the proper atmosphere of the Library at all times.
- Failure to comply with the foregoing regulations may constitute cause for refusal of permission to use Library facilities at any time.
- All questions, concerns or comments related to the use of facilities should be directed to: Valerie Carita, Cherry Hill Public Library, 1100 Kings Highway North, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034. Call 856-903-1205 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Denial of Meeting Room Privileges
No group will be permitted to use a meeting room if that use poses a potential disturbance to the normal operation of the Library (e.g. excessive noise, a safety hazard, or a significant security risk).
The Library Director may also deny the use of meeting rooms to groups that violate meeting room policies.
Groups may be denied meeting room privileges if they have a past-due payment of greater than 30 days. Groups with a history of late payment may be asked to pay in full at the time of meeting room booking.
Permission to use a meeting room does not imply Library endorsement of the goals, policies or
activities of any group or organization.
The Library is not responsible for loss or damage of equipment, supplies, materials or any personal property owned by those sponsoring or attending meetings at the Library. In addition, the Cherry Hill Public Library Board of Trustees, the Township of Cherry Hill, its officers, agents and employees are not to be held liable for any and all claims of injuries, including death, damages or loss, which may arise in connection with a meeting held on Library property.
Board Approved : July 2021
- Group Study Rooms are intended for use by 2-6 people for in-person meetings, or 1+ people for video-conference meetings. Traditional cell phone conversations may be held elsewhere in the building, outside the Reading Room, but not in the Group Study Rooms.
- All Group Study Room users must register upon arrival at the Reference Desk.
- The rooms are available in two hour blocks and may be renewed according to availability.
- Groups may reserve a study room no more than one week in advance.
- Food and drink use must conform to Library policy.
- Rooms are not sound-proof. The use of headphones is strongly encouraged for video-conferencing to minimize noise. In-person conversations must be kept to a reasonable volume.
- Room reservations are held for fifteen (15) minutes before being given to other waiting groups.
- Any patron in violation of the above guidelines may be asked to leave the Group Study Rooms.
- Situations and issues that arise which are not covered under these guidelines shall be left to the best judgment and discretion of the Reference & Adult Services staff.
Want to reserve a study room?
Please call 856-667-0300 extension 2
Revised July 2021
Cancellation notification is required ten (10) days prior to each meeting. If notice is not given by that time, 50% of the payment due will still be charged. If you do not show up for your meeting and fail to give cancellation notification, 100% of the payment will still be charged.
The CHPL Pop-Up rental space is perfect for those who have their own businesses; crafters, bakers, LulaRoe, Scentsy, Roden & Fields, etc.
Available on Saturdays from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
$50 a day rental rate. Interested in Renting our Pop-Up Space? Call or email Meredith Meyer at 856-903-1234 or email@example.com.